Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hill and Mountain

I watched Jab We Met movie in during my first year of MBA and I am a huge fan of it. I watched this movie many times in full or in bits and pieces. There is a scene in train in which Kareena Kapoor pesters Shahid with flow of words. In that flow of words, I noticed this "mujhe na aaj tak hill aur mountain ke beech farak nahi samajh aata". I think i remember these words because I also do not know the difference between hill and mountain. Now that I am alone and free and doing all types of timepass possible I decided to fine out the difference. Yipppeee......I found the main difference between hill and mountain. Well i read it all from wikipedia.

A hill is a landform that extends above the surrounding terrain.

A mountain is a large landform that stretches above the surrounding land in a limited area usually in the form of a peak.

Well they were definition. Moutains are steeper than hills. That is mountains have peak and hills do not have peak. But still there are arguements going on about difference between mountains and hills. I am happy that I atleast found one difference between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment